Criminal Defense Lawyer for Murder and Other Felonies
At Baird and Zulakis, P.C., in Okemos, Michigan, we provide the intensive, thorough investigation and preparation essential for people accused of the most serious criminal offenses. Attorney George Zulakis, one of Mid-Michigan's most respected criminal defense lawyers, has handled numerous high-profile murder, attempted homicide, armed robbery, arson and other serious property crime cases — building a 30-plus-year track record with many acquittals, dismissals and successful negotiations for reduced consequences.
If you or a loved one is facing murder, robbery or other felony charges, Lansing, Michigan, murder defense attorney George Zulakis and our legal team at Baird and Zulakis, P.C., is here to help. For a consultation focused on learning about your situation and exploring potential strategies, call us today at 517-349-5011 or toll free at 800-385-0092.
Thorough, Professional Investigation and Preparation
If we are able to take on your case, you will benefit from strengths including:
- Negotiation and courtroom trial skills honed in a vast range of complex cases
- Our trustworthy connections to a network of qualified experts — in forensics, DNA, psychology and other fields — whose investigative work, analysis and testimony may prove critical in your defense
- A holistic, proactive approach to criminal law that emphasizes getting our client the treatment or counseling they may need early in the proceedings
Aggressive Defense of Adults and Juveniles Facing the Most Serious Charges
Across the broad range of our criminal defense work, Mr. Zulakis has represented elected officials, prosecutors, attorneys, police officers, executives, physicians and others from all walks of life. Our firm also focuses substantial energy on juvenile defense, working to preserve the futures of young people facing charges such as:
- Murder, attempted homicide or assault — including vehicular homicide, drunk driving causing death or other drunk driving-related charges
- Serious property crimes including armed robbery, arson, breaking-and-entering or home invasion
- Weapons charges including illegal gun possession, carrying a concealed weapon, felon in possession or reckless discharge of a firearm
- Criminal sexual conduct from improper touching to rape, as well as Internet sex crimes
- Assault and battery, domestic assault and other crimes of violence
When Drunk Driving Results in Death or Serious Injury ...
Drunk driving can result in lasting consequences. These consequences become exponentially severe when a drunk driving accident causes the death or serious injury (impairment of bodily function) of another. Our firm vigorously defends clients facing charges involving vehicular homicide or vehicular manslaughter emanating from a drunk driving arrest. Michigan sentencing guidelines set forth penalties to be used as a guide in drunk driving-related vehicular homicide cases. However, the penalties can vary depending on the charges being sought by the prosecution.
A conviction for OWI, OWVI, or OWPCS resulting in death can carry a maximum prison sentence of 15 years. The prosecution need only demonstrate that drunk driving laws were violated and that it resulted in someone's death. When aggravating issues are present, such as driving while severely intoxicated or driving at excessive speeds, the prosecution may elect to pursue charges with even more severe consequences, such as manslaughter (formerly involuntary manslaughter) or second-degree murder — which can carry a life sentence. Drunk driving resulting in the death of an emergency responder can carry a 20-year sentence.
Contact a Michigan Criminal Defense Lawyer
If your freedom and future are on the line, it is almost certainly time to contact an attorney with relevant experience — and one who will put quality resources and determined effort into your case. Please contact us at Baird and Zulakis, P.C., today. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., and by appointment.