Innovative, Determined Criminal Defense in Mid-Michigan
Our legal team, based in Okemos, Michigan, is intently focused on protecting our clients' rights and helping people make the best possible decisions in life-changing, high-stakes situations. Okemos criminal defense attorney George Zulakis has more than three decades of experience representing people charged with felonies and misdemeanors — and in working with parents whose children have run into trouble with the law or school administrators.
Beginning with your initial consultation, we will take your case seriously and treat you with respect. Mr. Zulakis will engage with you to understand your concerns and your goals. We take a highly proactive approach — emphasizing treatment options and other positive steps that can impact both your case and your overall future.
Determined Advocacy — From Drug Charges and Violent Crimes to Traffic Violations
We are diligent in seeking positive outcomes through negotiation, but also seasoned and aggressive in the courtroom should your case go to trial. Our Lansing area firm's strengths extend across the spectrum of criminal law to other critical challenges for juveniles, students and parents. This includes proven ability to deal with:
- Drug charges ranging from possession of marijuana to intent to distribute cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, other narcotics or prescription drugs
- Drunk driving charges involving alcohol or drugs, including first offense or repeat drunk driving charges for OWI, OWVI or OWPCS. Drunk driving offenses are also commonly known as OUI, DUI and DWI
- Traffic violations such as driving while suspended, failure to report an accident or various moving violations
- Domestic assault allegations
- Sex crimes and charges including all levels of criminal sexual conduct as well as possession of child pornography and other Internet sex crimes
- Embezzlement and other "white collar" financial crimes
- All hearings and proceedings associated with the threat of school suspension or expulsion, whether or not a young person is also facing criminal or juvenile charges
- Child abuse and neglect cases
- Shoplifting — usually charged as retail fraud — and other property crimes
- Minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) and other charges against minors or juveniles who may require delinquency defense
- Violent crimes such as homicide, attempted murder, armed robbery, home invasion, arson, operating while intoxicated causing death or injury
Call 517-349-5011 or Toll Free at 800-385-0092 for Legal Counsel You Can Trust
Experience and reputation should be important considerations in your choice of a criminal defense lawyer. George Zulakis has achieved dismissals, acquittals, and other outcomes in Michigan criminal cases, keeping peoples' records clean in cases ranging from OWI to murder, domestic violence, rape and embezzlement. To put our skill and determination to work resolving your case, please contact us now.