At Baird and Zulakis P.C., Attorneys at Law, we are intently focused on protecting our clients' rights and helping people make the best possible decisions in life-changing, high-stakes situations. With more than 30 years of experience defending the criminally accused, attorney George Zulakis represents people from all walks of life facing felonies and misdemeanors — as well as working with parents whose children have run into trouble with the law or school administrators.
Determined Advocacy — From Drug Charges And Violent Crimes To Traffic Violations
As attorneys who understand that winning a case sometimes means striking a compromise, we are diligent in seeking positive outcomes through negotiation, but also seasoned and aggressive in the courtroom should your case go to trial. Our Lansing-area firm's strengths extend across the spectrum of criminal law to other critical challenges facing juveniles, students and their parents. We are tested and proven in our ability to handle cases in all state courts. Some common charges our clients face include:
- Drug charges: Ranging from possession of marijuana to intent to distribute cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and other narcotics or prescription drugs, we provide aggressive and intelligent counsel when facing drug charges or an investigation.
- Drunk driving: Involving both drugs and alcohol, first offense and repeat drunk driving charges for OWI, OWVI or OWPCS all carry serious consequences.
- Traffic violations: Although many people believe they can handle a traffic violation without legal representation, being convicted or pleading guilty to driving while suspended, failure to report an accident or various other moving violations can have long-term consequences that adversely affect your ability to drive.
- Domestic assault: When facing accusations of domestic assault, working with a lawyer can protect your rights while your attorney investigates the allegations and gathers evidence to present your side of the story.
- Sex crimes: At our firm, we handle all levels of criminal sexual conduct as well as possession of child pornography and other Internet sex crimes.
- Embezzlement and other white collar crimes: We regularly represent individuals facing charges of fraud and embezzlement throughout the Lansing area.
- School suspensions or expulsion: We assist students and their parents when dealing with hearings and proceedings associated with the threat of school suspension or expulsion — whether or not a young person is also facing criminal or juvenile charges.
- Family violence and abuse: We provide counsel and representation to clients facing criminal charges for child abuse and neglect and in relation to civil proceedings where similar allegations may lead to either temporary or permanent loss of parental rights.
- Campus crime: From minor in possession charges, to property crimes, assaultive behavior, retail fraud, drunk driving or legal issues faced by individuals visiting campus, we have expansive knowledge of campus communities, local laws and good working relationships with local prosecuting officials and area judges.
- Violent crimes: We represent individuals charged with crimes including homicide, attempted murder, armed robbery, home invasion, arson and operating while intoxicated causing death or injury.
Call 517-349-5011 Or Toll Free At 800-385-0092 For Proven Legal Counsel
Experience and reputation should be important considerations in your choice of a criminal defense lawyer. George Zulakis has achieved dismissals, acquittals and other outcomes in Michigan criminal cases, keeping peoples' records clean in cases ranging from OWI to drug crimes, domestic violence, fraud and embezzlement. To put our skill and determination to work resolving your case, contact our Okemos/East Lansing-area law office.