In the East Lansing area — and statewide across Michigan — it may be difficult to find a lawyer with significant, in-depth experience representing students and families in matters of school suspension and expulsion. Attorney George Zulakis has more than 30 years of experience, and he is intensely dedicated to protecting students' rights and working to keep your child in school.
We understand the stress and deep concern you may feel if your son or daughter is facing suspension, expulsion or other serious sanctions for alleged criminal activity on campus. In many situations, hiring the right attorney can make a critical difference in the outcome. We know this from successful firsthand experience.
Valuable Experience In Administrative Hearings And Juvenile Criminal Defense
Attorney Zulakis is exceptionally well-prepared to deal with many aspects of your legal and education-related problems. If your situation calls for an effective juvenile defender who can also represent you in negotiations with school administrators, a formal hearing or other proceedings before your school board, we are here to analyze and address each challenge strategically. We will apply experience in cases involving:
- Criminal sexual conduct, weapons possession or other crimes on campus
- Drug charges, whether prosecuted criminally, leading to school suspension/expulsion proceedings or both
- Property crimes and allegations of making threats against a school or individuals, including crimes related to use of the Internet or texting via cellphone
- Suspension or expulsion proceedings arising from fighting, insubordination, dress code violations or other alleged misbehavior in a high school or middle school
- Alleged violations of "zero tolerance" policies that may be unique to your school or district
Protecting Your Child's Future Well-Being
To work with a lawyer who will take a proactive approach and bring a positive yet realistic outlook to your case — with the focus squarely on defending a young person's future — contact our law office in Okemos. You can call 800-385-0092 to schedule a consultation or complete our online contact form.