A Proven, Resourceful Criminal Defense Attorney In The Lansing Area, Ingham County, Eaton County And Clinton County
A criminal charge or state investigation can put your freedom, finances and future on the line. As experienced attorneys, we help students, young adults and people from all walks of life deal with serious problems and navigate the legal system — we consistently seek outcomes that yield second, and even third chances to allow our clients to move forward with their lives.
Our Okemos-based law firm provides legal services throughout the Lansing area and the surrounding communities. We are well-prepared to help out-of-state residents dealing with a Michigan criminal charge or school-related matter.
Personal Attention And A Dedicated, Proactive Approach
You can count on caring, creative counsel and advocacy when you turn to attorney George Zulakis and the legal team at Baird and Zulakis P.C., Attorneys at Law. Informed by more than 30 years of experience across the spectrum of Michigan criminal defense and civil litigation, Mr. Zulakis is devoted to understanding your concerns and goals, clearly explaining all available options, and targeting the best results through strategic thinking, tireless preparation and decisive action.
Our firm offers comprehensive criminal defense representation across a broad spectrum of practice areas, including:
- Drunk driving
- Traffic offenses
- Drug crimes
- Student issues such as minor in possession charges
- Shoplifting and retail fraud
- Sex crimes
- School suspension or expulsion
- Child abuse or neglect
- White collar crimes such as embezzlement and fraud
- Juvenile delinquency
- Domestic violence and other violent crimes
Mr. Zulakis is also among the most experienced attorneys in Michigan when it comes to dealing productively with the threat of a school suspension or expulsion or a CPS investigation into child abuse and neglect. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 editions of Best Lawyers in America in the specialty of DUI/DWI offenses. Additionally, the firm received a Tier 1 ranking in the 2013 and 2014 editions of U.S. News-Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms." Recently Mr. Zulakis was recognized for his skills in criminal defense: DWI, by inclusion in the 2014 edition of Leading Lawyers (Michigan).
Protecting Your Interests Is Our Mission
We put our knowledge of the laws and courts to work fighting for what matters most to you, including:
- Proving your innocence if you have been falsely accused or victimized by a violation of your rights
- Protecting your freedom and avoiding the harshest consequences you may face, including imprisonment, loss of your driver's license and other privileges
- Keeping your family together
- Protecting your record and reputation while taking important steps toward a more positive future, as we strive to show prosecutors and other authorities you are doing what it takes not to re-offend
Acting quickly and securing legal counsel can significantly affect your options when building a criminal defense. Arrange a consultation at our Okemos law office by dialing 517-481-2680 or toll free at 800-385-0092. You can also reach us by completing our online contact form. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., and by appointment.